My Other Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Hook, Line, and Sinker

In my February 20th post entitled "Ten Common Writing Mistakes," I wrote: "Recently, I came across near perfection in a contemporary single title contest entry. I can't explain what made it perfect. That is, I can't break it apart, and say, here are the three or thirteen or thirty factors that made it so. All I can say is that it was minus ten common writing mistakes ... and plus one indefinable something, which, for lack of a better term, I'll call "hook, line, and sinker." In other words, it was near perfection, plain and simple."

Well, to my utter delight and absolute thrill, this contemporary single title is a 2009 Golden Heart® finalist. I did not judge the 2009 Golden Heart® Contest this year, but I did judge the 2009 Winter Rose Contest. And that's where I first saw this wonderful piece of near perfection. Congratulations to the author!

© 2009 Madeline Smyth. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment